Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Memories...

This year, our kids took on most of the tree decorating...I think the results were sweet and folksy!

Love my new ornament by Jenn at Noodle & Lou!


The annual "gingerbread" house...constructed with graham crackers and 'nilla wafers...made by Henry, Lucy & Charlie.A Christmas Journal I made for my parents...using a composition notebook decoupaged with scraps of paper and an antique Christmas postcard...oh, and vintage mica, too!Now we wait for the new year!


4 comments:

noodle and lou said...

Hi Jody! Your house looks so great!! Your tree is super adorable... tell the kids I think they did a fabulous job! I'm so happy you love your lil' ornament:):) I'm way impressed with the kids' gingerbread house too!!! You have 3 little budding artists for sure:) The Christmas Journal is such a good idea. It would be great to do with the kids using old Christmas cards. Thanks for peeking at my flickr stuff. It took me SO long to get all that uploaded...I can't believe how much stuff there is from 2007! Hope you guys have a fun New Years Eve:) Wishing you lots of joy in 2009! xoxox...jenn

noodle and lou said...

Happy New Year Jody!!!!
Your new New Year's tradition sounded completely fabulous. So fun to start new traditions, isn't it!? many xoxox...jenn

Fantastic Figments said...

Howdy howdy. I was just swarming around blog world and I came across your funky little world.. You house is sooo adorable and I love all your little sweet touches. And that gingerbread house looks like a ginger castle.. fit enough for Santa himself.

CONGRATS on the soon to be arrival!

Happy New Year Wishes,
Steph

Anonymous said...

i just stumbled upon your blog....so glad i did!! what a charming home you have. :) LOVE that notebook you made.
Hope you're having a wonderfully sweet day!!
~jes
p.s. you're welcome to stop by my blog, too!