Sunday, April 26, 2009

peeks...

I have some *heart girls* ready to put in the shop...


Heart Girl hearts birdie
&
Heart Girl open arms

I found some sweet little Italian terra cotta
tiles in a hidden spot in our basement.
We live in an old house (old for the midwest--1920)

These tiles must have been left over from a project done in the early 1960's...
so I've started prepping them and painting them.

I am starting with a series focused on women---
mothers, daughters, friends, sisters...
funky and playful and all a bit different.

This beauty has gorgeous grayish hair and is proud
of her wisdom and the woman
she's become.

I have yet to name her or the tile series...
but I will keep you posted!

Watch for a shop update later this week and more posts.

I'm still a bit slow checking blogs, art, leaving comments to all of you and
juggling everything with little Edith, her sister and two brothers!
It's quite a ride!

xxoo,
jody

No comments: